Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My first comics

I've been reading comic books for a long time, for just about as long as I can remember. My first two comic books were G.I. Joe and Transformers.

G.I. Joe-as a kid I was naturaly into G.I. Joe. Not many boys can resist the cool military stuff. And I watched the cartoon. During the cartoon I saw commercials for the G.I. Joe comic. The first ever TV commercials for a comic book. Then were short cartoon teasers of the story line and cut off with a cliffhanger that froze on the cover of the comic book. So I ran out and got the comic.

Transformers-I always liked the idea of shape changing robots. I was a Transformers fan from day one. It was not long until I found the Transformers comic. I can remember finding the four-pack of issues one through four at Bluelers. Then came out issue five and I was hooked.

No comments: